Resolution Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelminns

Baseband Member
I have an acer laptop with SiS video. I am having problems with the resolution settings. Most of the resolutions make the desktop too big for the screen. for example: when i select 1600x1200 resolution, I can only see about a quarter of the desktop at a time... I have to pan around in order to see the rest of it (make sense?). I have never seen this before. Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt the desktop always just shrinks to fit the screen, even if it means that the proportions are not accurate.

Is this just a characteristic of the SiS's drivers? If so, it seems highly impractical. Is there any program that can override this feature, or force the desktop to snap to the limits of the screen?

I have a hard time believeing that an acer laptop display can do a resolution of 1600 x 1200!!!

Sounds to me like a program either built into the video driver package or some third party program is doing that. I would first check that instead of trying to find something to undo the screen quartering.

Thats a mega hella resolution for a laptop.

What size is the LCD?

Do you have the correct drivers loaded?

the screen is not capable of displaying 1600x1200. it's that simple. the drivers clearly have some software that allows you to use a virtual 1600x1200 resolution whereby it pans around a 1600x1200 area when you move the cursor off screen (outside it's maximum displayable resolution). no monitor can display a resolution higher than it's capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom