Best G80 Brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

bermarx

Solid State Member
I'm looking to buy one of the new Geforce 8800GTS cards. However, I am a bit confused as to the various manufacturers/ distributors (asus, gigabit, BFG, eVGA, etc.)
I've pretty much narrowed it down to BFG technologies and eVGA. The eVGA card is 10$ less than average, and the BFG is 10$ more than average. I don't care aout the eVGA trade-up program because it's only 90 days, but would want to go for the BFG if it was overclocked a bit (hence the price difference). However, apparantly NVIDIA banned companies from OCing their cards, so I'm not sure why it costs more.

Which one do you guys think I should go with? I'm aware not many people are likely to have experienced both cards, so past experience with the companies would be helpful as well.
thanks!

Evga has the best programs, steup, warranty etc. But it doesnt really matter. They are all clocked the same... except some BFG's come installed with waterblocks.

My Favourites: Asus, XFX, EvGA, BFG, MSI

Asus is famous for its high quality TOP models... not relevant here...

XFX is known for its high clocks... again not relevant

Evga has the trade up, as well as a nice warranty and good customer support

BFG has been around for ever, good warranty, reliable, sometimes clocked well

MSI is the brand with the weird Angel robots on the heatsink...not much else to say here unless you like japanimation

According to this, the eVGA is the one to get. It seems that it runs cooler and overclocks a little better than the rest.

actualy i would get the BFG watercooled edition for about 3-400 dollars more first of all its not a dual card so it wont eat up the slot right next to it second it will perform cooler so why not get the bfg its a custom order but worth it, you could also overclock more because it is watercooled. also according to bfg and nvidia when certain bfg graphic boards are present with a nforce northbridge it has better performance or something like that i don't remember, also im a big BFg fan

TheEnd187 said:
actualy i would get the BFG watercooled edition for about 3-400 [...]

I know you meant "300-400" but at first I read "... for just $3 to $400 more"... I LOLed :p

TheEnd187 said:
actualy i would get the BFG watercooled edition for about 3-400 dollars more first of all its not a dual card so it wont eat up the slot right next to it second it will perform cooler so why not get the bfg its a custom order but worth it, you could also overclock more because it is watercooled. also according to bfg and nvidia when certain bfg graphic boards are present with a nforce northbridge it has better performance or something like that i don't remember, also im a big BFg fan

how does it not take up the next slot.. the 7950gx2 is just as large as a 7900gtx heatsink... if not just a little bigger... that card does take up the next slot under it (assuming your motherboard is in the normal atx form)

thanks i didn't feel like posting that link, happy nosboost? jk were cool bro i don't want beef!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom