NO sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
i have an hp compaq computer and i just replaced it case and now it has no sound. anyone now whats the problem? i no for sure i did not bump or damage the onboard audio.

Well if the sound doesn't work, how do you know for sure you didn't damage it? ;)

Did you put one of the brass spacers somewhere it didn't belong? You should only put them where there are holes in the motherboard, otherwise it may short something out.

Other than that, try a sound card.

ok, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything but, did you plug the speakers into the computer correctly? The new case could somehow be labeled differently from the old one which would make you plug them into the wrong port.

motherboard standoffs....i think thats wat he means

does windows detect the card? do the front ports work(did u hook them up?) and do you get an error when you try to play a file in windows media player?

open the case up, and hold it with the open side facing down, and gently shake it, make sure that there isnt anything in that case near the mobo that aint sposed to be.(like screws, washers, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom