$7,500 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can! there is a internet gaming place in the mall close to me where you can play pc games on their rigs. They have all of the big hd displays, so you could find one of those.

Here's what i think you should do. Find someone on the boards to help configure a system, buy all the parts, put it together, install all drivers, os, software. Test it out pretty good, do oc'ing if you want it. Then you and the person building for you can agree on a price for labor, ect,(do this first though:)) and offer assistance whenever needed. Ship it back if something fails or help with RMAing something. Even if the builder is greedy, it will still end up being cheaper by a decent margin.

Inferno said:
Here's what i think you should do. Find someone on the boards to help configure a system, buy all the parts, put it together, install all drivers, os, software. Test it out pretty good, do oc'ing if you want it. Then you and the person building for you can agree on a price for labor, ect,(do this first though:)) and offer assistance whenever needed. Ship it back if something fails or help with RMAing something. Even if the builder is greedy, it will still end up being cheaper by a decent margin.

i second that... the computer i have now is 2-3 times cheaper than it's Dell equivilant...just something to go by :D

bad experience with a forum deal as such before...Don't do it. There's no way to trust the other person.

well if you do want to do it, I would suggest someone here that the majority would agree on.

Like post a poll : "who here should build my computer?" and then list a bunch of people.

Don't mean to be off topic, but since this is talking about the best of the best here. It looks like alienware got some quad cores and the 8800 series.

to answer many questions first im 21 and heading into Devry to learn more about Computers and work on my Technical Managment BA. I know about 3/4 of what is discussed on these borads but i always like having a second opinion before i invest some of my hard earned money into something. I have helped my freinds upgrade their comps but this is my first experiance doing it for myself and i really want to make sure i know what im doing. Everyone has been very helpfull and i plan on ordering a 3.5-4.5k comp from IBuyPower.com or cyberpowerpc.com they seem very resonable with prices.

I always thought of opening a pc gaming place like that where i live but we have had three in this city and 2 of them went under and the third is about to but, i could still think about it. Also anyone think that i could hook up my quad GPu chiller to SLI'ed 8800's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom