7950 gx2 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
sylwek said:
when u go into the bios (pressing the DEL button on system boot), there will be a option somewhere in the advance area to set up the megabytes to ur graphic card, im guessing its set to 512mb since u have a 1gb card

You are probably thinking about the AGP aperture size (which doesn't apply here as PCI-E is used).

keyser09 said:
can anyone explain?

Seeing that the 7950 is actually 2 cards in one, most games probably detect it as 2 separate cards. And since there is 512MB of video memory dedicated to each card, games are likely reporting the memory for just one.

I wouldn't worry too much about it:D

Oh, and by the way, you are able to use the EDIT button up to 24 hours on one of your posts.

i dont feel like writing everything out but heres a link that can help u understand about ur graphic card:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/print/nvidia-gf7950gx2.html

Each PCB of a GeForce 7950 GX2 is equipped with eight GDDR3 chips, so the total amount of memory is 1GB (16 x 512Mb). However, you should be aware that 3D applications will only have 512 megabytes of graphics memory at their disposal even if youÂ’ve configured a quad SLI subsystem with two GeForce 7950 GX2 cards. So, itÂ’s not exactly correct to say that these graphics subsystem offer 1 or 2GB of graphics memory.

so in essence all i want to know is my video card set up to use its full 1 gb of memory or just the 512? thats all i want to know

well it is a 1gb but its made to offer u only 512mb on applications u run on ur system, i know its retarded but thats how its made

what the..so basically its a 512 video card?so i coulda bought a 512 video card for like half the price?the only difference is the gpu speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom