$7,500 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich_Newbie said:
i've browsed alienware quite a bit and been told they are very over priced. anyone have a website where i can custimize an order for a pre-built pc. and whats better for gaming as far as cpu's Intell or AMD?

I'm surprised alienware hasn't any systems with the option of neither the G80s.

But if i get two 8800's will it help me from upgrading longer or no, and is 2-3 monitor set-up really woth it?

they probably will by friday...... they are alil tricky like when i orderd my pc they had it for 1300 wiht this agp board but then the day after i recieved it and set it up they had my pc with a 3500 and a pcie board for 1200! i wanted to return it but they would only change it to another agp board and or make me pay for the upgrade !!!!

rich .. no ... what will happen is by the time games will be able to take advantage of the dual 88's they will be a single card that is better .. i mean it will last a while but wont be the best for long.

I say 2 monitors is cool. If I were you I would at least do 2. My suggestion for monitors is 1 22in. widescreen, and 1 19in. regular monitor.

psh if i had 7500 dollars to spend i would go all out. 2 8800's on that evga sli board, a core 2 extreme, like 4gigs of ram, 150 gig raptor and like another 500 gig drive. But maybe thats because i just turned 16 and i haven't learned the value of a dollar :D

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Not that it's my money or anything, but since you don't seem to know very much about computers, should you really be spending this much (even 3000) on a computer? It really seems like you're just throwing money down the drain since I doubt you'll ever push your computer's limits....or even half of it's limits. But hey, if you must, go ahead.

Rich_Newbie said:
But if i get two 8800's will it help me from upgrading longer or no, and is 2-3 monitor set-up really woth it?

well the great majority of us here will tell you that two 8800's will keep you from upgrading longer, BUT it's not worth the extra cash because having two graphics cards isn't twice as good as only one. Basically the best option for you would to buy the best graphics card out there and then upgrade to the best again and just keep doing that when you want a new graphics card...just try not to do it as much as nosboost (haha).

But in all honesty, buying a computer so that you don't have to upgrade is stupid and a waste of money. what you can buy now for 7.5K will only cost 3K for it's equivilant within 1 1/2 years (my guess but it's pretty realistic). Swapping parts out in a computer and upgrading is VERY easy. you just need to spend 5 min. reading through the manual before trying to put the part in if you don't know what you're doing and you'll figure it out. Parts only fit in a certain way so you can't really screw it up if you read up first.

2-3 monitors...i don't see why you should. 2 is pretty cool but 3 would be a little pointless unless you use programs which can utilize 3 programs. i'd suggest getting 1 big monitor for your main applications (games, movies...whatever) and a smaller one for just other stuff so you don't have to minimize cuz that's a lot more convenient.

I hope we've convinced you that it's much better to just get a 3-4K computer and upgrade when you want later on...but if not, hey that's cool. it's your money man, we really don't care what you do with it, we're only giving this suggestion for your benefit.

I wish I could experience some of these things before I'd buy them...like a 3 display setup. Or a widescreen...or what it's like to game on a 30".....high def vs normal etc. I wish I could just try it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom