I have the best computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power manifests itself in a variety of forms. For some, it may be an intangible, confidence, social status or perceived success. Others may view power as a material possession in the form of wealth, property or a sports car. In the computer industry, however, power is measured in quantities of performance; the ability to savagely tear through complex mathematical formulas and efficiently processes gargantuan databases.

Two years ago, it would have been difficult to foretell the battle between Intel and AMD that is currently raging. In this industry, however, two years is a veritable lifetime, and we are now faced with IntelÂ’s Pentium 4 facing off against AMDÂ’s Athlon. Both architectures provide strengths and weaknesses that have already been exposed to exhaustive analysis. However, both designs have lacked a feature commonly sought after in high-end workstations and servers: multiprocessing. Later this month, Intel will unveil their dual-processor iteration of the Pentium 4, which they have simply dubbed Xeon DP and was formerly referred to by the code name Foster.

Here is a little more info. Hate to say, but that parts right.

killians45 said:
Power manifests itself in a variety of forms. For some, it may be an intangible, confidence, social status or perceived success. Others may view power as a material possession in the form of wealth, property or a sports car. In the computer industry, however, power is measured in quantities of performance; the ability to savagely tear through complex mathematical formulas and efficiently processes gargantuan databases.

Two years ago, it would have been difficult to foretell the battle between Intel and AMD that is currently raging. In this industry, however, two years is a veritable lifetime, and we are now faced with IntelÂ’s Pentium 4 facing off against AMDÂ’s Athlon. Both architectures provide strengths and weaknesses that have already been exposed to exhaustive analysis. However, both designs have lacked a feature commonly sought after in high-end workstations and servers: multiprocessing. Later this month, Intel will unveil their dual-processor iteration of the Pentium 4, which they have simply dubbed Xeon DP and was formerly referred to by the code name Foster.

Here is a little more info. Hate to say, but that parts right.

So what your saying is the p4 and the xeon are the same chip... Dual processor version of the p4, which is the xeon, but the xeon has other things about it other than smp support. Such as an enhanced cache. Also a xeon package is never marked p4, it says xeon. If this guy has enough skill to build a dual anything, he should know the diffrence. No real techi I know has ever called a p4 a xeon. Esp since the xeon came before the p4....

Not disagreeing with ya, but most online sales call it the PIV Xeon. Maybe this is what he's talking about? 'Cause no WAY in hell did he build one himself.

killians45 said:
Not disagreeing with ya, but most online sales call it the PIV Xeon. Maybe this is what he's talking about? 'Cause no WAY in hell did he build one himself.

Yeah well when was the last time you or any techi listened to the sales man?

heh, good point... I some times do just for kicks. I especially like going to Radio Shack and listening to the bs there. Wow, the @#$ gets deep sometimes.

since this thread has gone off topic I would liek to suggest some mod closing it :confused:

But in addition to the radio shack comment.
Once, I was in radio shack, from the distance I overhear an old guy talking to a young kid while I'm looking at wireless cards say "Watch how it's done"
So he walks over and asks if there is anything he can help me with, and I said yeah, whats the difference between dbm and dbi because my wmp54g card is 15dbm but this says dbi.
He starts talking about old CB radios and how the coil is indicative of strength etc...
So I ask him the price, he conviently walks to the register and rings it up and tells me.
Then I said "you know ... I don't want this after all"
He gets irritated and says "What, so that was a complete waste of time?!"
and I say "Yeah, next time you should think twice before you try and sell someone something you don't know shit about"
Then myself and his coworker laugh. :p

THE END ...
For the love of God close the thread :p

lol, heh.. I would of LOVED to have seen that. Had a friend of mine get kicked out because he was just wondering around, so went to the system.ini (this was 98se, awhille back), change the shell= to a scrolling marquis password protected. Then we just sat back and laughed at the computer flaming itself and the store and the store rep. I dont know HOW many times he restarted to just have it boot up to a scrolling marquis. God, I loved everyminute of it.

joebx902004 said:
Wilcox Lab Of Technology Computer-The best one man built computer!

Specs...

Case: Alienware Full-Tower Chassis

Power Supply: 650 Watt Max Power Supply

CPU: DUAL (2) Intel Pentium 4 Processor with HT Technology Extreme Edition 3.4GHz

Ram: 2GB Extreme Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz - 4 x 512MB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce™ 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR w/Digital and S-Video Out Limited Edition

Video Cooling: AlienIce Video Cooling System

Hard drive(1): 148GB Western Digital Raptor™ 10,000 RPM

Hard drive(2): 250GB Western Digital Caviar® SE 7,200 RPM

Disc Drive(1): Plextor PlexWriter Premium 52x32x52x CD-RW

Disc Drive(2): Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±R/W Drive

Floppy Drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro High Definition 7.1 Surround

Network Card: Integrated High Performance Intel Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows XP Professional/ Mandrake Linux 10.0

Any ideas to make this better money is no object!

Are you going to actually USE this computer? Or do you just want a PC so you can surf the internet and use Office.

What do you need all that grunt for????

modemide said:
since this thread has gone off topic I would liek to suggest some mod closing it :confused:

But in addition to the radio shack comment.
Once, I was in radio shack, from the distance I overhear an old guy talking to a young kid while I'm looking at wireless cards say "Watch how it's done"
So he walks over and asks if there is anything he can help me with, and I said yeah, whats the difference between dbm and dbi because my wmp54g card is 15dbm but this says dbi.
He starts talking about old CB radios and how the coil is indicative of strength etc...
So I ask him the price, he conviently walks to the register and rings it up and tells me.
Then I said "you know ... I don't want this after all"
He gets irritated and says "What, so that was a complete waste of time?!"
and I say "Yeah, next time you should think twice before you try and sell someone something you don't know shit about"
Then myself and his coworker laugh. :p

THE END ...
For the love of God close the thread :p

I use to go into those stores and create folders you cant delete on their desktops. It was extreamly funny watching the workers try over and over to get rid of those folders. Of course that only worked on 98se and older, maybe me. You create a directory in dos with the attribute 255.

Example:
md hahaha then hold down alt and hit 255 then hit enter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom