$7,500 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest spending around 3-4K on a computer with the best processor, good ram, and graphics card. Then put the other 3.5-4.5K in savings and just upgrade the computer with new technology. The processor and ram you get would still be plenty of power down the road but video cards get outdated quickly and would need to be upgraded every 6-12 months to stay on top of things.
There ya go...if you want to spend the extra $4,000 on parts that will be outdated in a year then go ahead, it's just not a good idea.

Rich_Newbie said:
Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor X6800 (2x 2.93GHz/4MB L2 Cache/1066FSB)

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium and WiFi-AP nForce 590 SLI x16 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394 Dual PCI-E MB or NVIDIA GeForce 680i Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E MB

2048MB [1024MB X2] DDR2-800 PC6400 Memory Module

2x NVIDIA 8800GTX 768MB

2x WD Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 16M Cache Hard Drive w/Raid-0 [Data Striping]

2x [Lightscribe Technology] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

about 4500 well below my budget what ya guys think?

i didn't see this when i posted before. this would be good to get if you want the very best of the best, but with two 8800's that'd be more than you'd be able to use (1 should be fine) and by the time you can use both efficiently there'll be something better out there anyways.

Spend around $2500 on the actual computer (plus a bit more as you are not building.) Any more is wasted money.

For monitors go for 3x 19" LCD's plus the Matrox TripleHead2Go. Cheaper and more immersing than a Dell 30".

whatever you do, do NOT get water cooling if you know nothing about building and running a water cooling loop. it'll totally mess you up when you try to upgrade, stick to air or do some research. www.xtremesystems.org is probably the best forum for any type of cooling. IMO $7k is a rediculous amount to spend on a computer, you can get the best of the best for what 3-4k?

To be honest cut out one of the 8800's. Seriously. Is there a game out there right now this second that requires 2?

Buy stuff as you need it. You just really need to buy an upgradeable rig.

Keep everything. You can lose one of the 8800's. And get the new Core 2 Extreme thats like 1200 $. After the 7900, video cards dont help out that much. I'd prefer to just get a fast CPU.
Dunno. That's just me.

But remember you can never have the best of the best. The 8800's have just came out. The r6's are bound to come out in a few months.

Rich_Newbie said:
i've browsed alienware quite a bit and been told they are very over priced. anyone have a website where i can custimize an order for a pre-built pc. and whats better for gaming as far as cpu's Intell or AMD?

ok i see that youve moved on... alienware is overpriced but they still look sweet! look at my rig in my sig .... i bought that for 1300 back in last may..... yeah .... not the best but im happy because i got that case!!!! YAYYY! but i will be getting a new rig soon and dropping that stuff into a rig for my bro to play 3rd grade reader rabbit!

okay : 1 8800gtx, Core 2 extreme 6800, 4gb ram, windows vista home premium, 1 150gig raptor, 1 320gig for storage (or whatever the prebuild company has similar), couple of dvd burning drives and you are ready to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom