How do I connect 7900 to a HDTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangeDude

Baseband Member
hi every one. I recently just purched a new comp like a monthes ago. I read the info on the graphic card I should be able to use it to connect to tv for better HD out put. But I just dont know how to do it. it comes with a switch or something like that.where one side plug to the card and the other lead out 3 output (y pb/comp pr)do I connect with this switch or do I have to buy another cable for the tv?

yah u need component video cable i one red one blue one green and u need to have a component input on ur tv if u have those two ingredients u are set now connect ur tv to computer and go into ur nvidia desktop manager from there u can select the way u wan tto use ur tv such as clone view etc.

hold up wait a minute let me put some knowledge in it

you have a few options. first off, it would be helpful to know what kind of tv you have. Do you have hdmi slots? VGA in?

i personally use a DVI->HDMI cable. my 7900GT recognizes my samsung tv and i can choose to run a cloned monitor, 2 separate monitors, just the HDTV at 1080p resolution, etc.

After the fact, I found that if I had gotten a DVI->VGA cable, it would have formatted better on my screen. as is, the picture is slightly larger than displayed, in other words there is like 2 inchs around the outter edge that is outside of the display. if i was using the VGA in on my tv, i could put it in computer mode and all would be perfect.

If you want my DVI->HDMI cable, PM me and we can work something out... they retail for like 50-75 dollars. I want to get a DVI->VGA one.

if you plan on using this for gaming i have to warn you that the response time, at least for DLP TV's is not all that great...

an51r said:
yah u need component video cable i one red one blue one green and u need to have a component input on ur tv if u have those two ingredients u are set now connect ur tv to computer and go into ur nvidia desktop manager from there u can select the way u wan tto use ur tv such as clone view etc.

Your poor grammer, butchered english, and your run on sentence is making my brain hurt...

Beefcake said:
Your poor grammer, butchered english, and your run on sentence is making my brain hurt...
Would you be so kind as to use your superior intellect to tutor me in the ways of the English language.
4get tat sily 5hi73 its jus a 51mp13 an51r 4 a 51mp13 qu3ry get ov3r 1t

thx all I'm going to see how much is those dvi cable cost me. If not to much I'm going to get one for tv uses.

Beefcake said:

Welcome to the intertubes, if you expect to recieve internets through your tubes... get used to it

an51r said:
Yes, you need a component video cable. It has one red, one blue, and one green. You need to have a component input on your TV. If you have those two ingredients, you are set. Now, connect your TV to you computer and go into your nVidia desktop manager. From there, you can select the way you want to use you TV, such as clone view, etc.

That was almost as bad as that amd gt player guy, but I managed to fix it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom