RF Mouse freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolinar

Solid State Member
I'm not sure where to put this, so please forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I recently got a RF wireless mouse and it is now acting up. I have had it for about 3 weeks now, and the trouble started maybe two days ago, out of nowhere.

If it is left in the same spot for more than two seconds, it will freeze. It will either unfreeze on its own after about 5-20 seconds of moving it around or it will start moving when I click on it.

I have no idea what it could be. The receiver part is close, maybe 2 1/2 feet away, with nothing that can block the signal. And yes for anyone who would state the obvious, the batteries were the first thing I checked and replaced.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Kinda sounds like it's trying to go into standby if idle, to save batteries. Though, 2 seconds doesn't sound right.

Tried to reinstall drivers?

I've tried to reinstall the driver and it is still acting up.

Also, it is now doing a new thing. I will be moving the mouse and out of nowhere it will move all the way to one side of the screen quickly.

it could be radio interference. could you find anywhere on the things that came with the mouse what frequency it uses? that might give me a bright spark as to a source :). to be honest though, you say it worked fine to start with so it sounds like it could be faulty. does the same thing happen with a corded mouse?

edit: i love Stargate

The corded mouse works as it should.

There was nothing with the mouse stating a frequency.

Two weeks and it busts. Gotta love faulty technology.

And no one has ever gotten the Stargate reference!!! :D I use Jolinar a lot and you are the first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom