Adobe Premier is choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronovorous

Solid State Member
I recently got Adobe Premier 1.5 and when I play the file to preview it, the video is always choppy and laggy, the only thing I can think of that makes it do that is either my hardware or my background services. I'm afraid to turn off a bunch of services because the last time I was playing around with it, my computer spazzed out and I had to reinstall.

At the moment I'm running:
A Celeron @ 2.8 Ghz
1Gig of Ram
64mb integrated video

Does the computer just bite, or is there some services that I can turn off?

Well it might be hardware. to turn off some of your backround programs just turn off the ones you are positive you know what they are for and know you dont need them.

is it adobe premiere pro 1.5 or just 1.5 as in one of the first versions?

your processor is letting you down so that's most likely it, turning off processes would help though. If you look in the bottom right of your taskbar and see about 10 icons then you know you have trouble :)

What does the video card have to do with choppy video playback? I don't know a single 64MB card that doesn't play video. Even my 16MB TNT2 card has no problem playing video's.

Some programs like Ulead Media Studio Pro are very demanding for on-the-fly playback of certain transitions/effects. This is where the CPU is important.

If you are playing uncompressed videos (RAW), your hard disk should be fast enough, and more RAM will help smooth playback.

I can play uncompressed video of 800x600 resolution relatively smooth on my Athlon XP 1600+ w/ 512MB.

Thanx for the replies,
yeah, its Premier Pro 1.5.
I started disabling all of my non-essential services and it seems to be running alot easier. It also seems when I changed the aspect ratio, that it played alot smoother in the sequence window. Well, know that thats out of the way, time to start playing around with it. Next step, get a better system.

Thanks for the help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom