usb pci card

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney101

Solid State Member
i just purchased a "skymaster" USB 2.0 4+1 ports
i have physically put it in, but windows is not recognising it, it came with a drivers cd but there is heaps of stuff on it, and i dont know whats what and half of the programs on it dont work. maybe someone can help? or point me in the direction of a site where i can download drivers from?
also; one quick question. what is the internal usb port used for?
thanks.

it would help if we knew what version of windows you are using. could you walk us through your exact procedure when installing the card?

the internal port can be used for a number of things. generally it's used for things like card readers to be connected to. the ideas that come to mind that i would use it for are in designing a silent pc for a particular purpose, using a USB flash drive to boot from, therefore ditching the sound of a hdd.

I'm using my internal port to put in a wireless KB/Mouse receiver. My goal is to eliminate as many cords as humanely possible.

i am running windows xp. i simply pluged it into a spare pci port and screwed it down. yeah cords are a pain, i also have the aim to eliminate as many as possible!

also you say using a USB flash drive to boot from, how does this work? do you mean have windows installed on a flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom