Random crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
So I built my current rig a ffew months ago (stats in my sig) and up until about a month ago it has been fine. Now it will just ramdomly crash once every two days or so. There does not seem to be any specific program running when it happens; sometiems i am playing WoW, other tiems I am listening to music, or just today I was watching a youtube video. Any ideas as to what I coudl do to try and root our the souce of these crashes?

I was having a very similar problem mine was fixed by updating the BIOS. Try it if it dont work go to my computer right click on it and go to properties. Go to the hardware tab and click device manager. Click view menu and choose resources by type. Go to input/output look for you video card and see if it has the same number as anything else. If it does move your video card to another pci slot. There's another way to change the number in device manager if you dont have any free slot but i dont remember it so look around i guess.

One thing you can do is look at the system event log. It should give you information about the crash(an error code or ID). Then just google that error and see what you get.

To get to the system event viewer:

start>right click my computer>manage>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom