Building A Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

konvick619

Baseband Member
hey im gonna get some parts i understand how to put it together but (kind of dumb question) i dun get the "STATIC" stuff like take the static out of me so i dun damage the components so can u please help on how not to damage the components with the static stuff thanks for input

oh, static electricity?

I suppose you're talking about grounding yourself. Touch something that's metal and unpainted to ground yourself every once in a while.

Yeah, or if you are really concerned about it take off your socks and work on a hardwood floor. You could also buy a grounding strap that you wear around your wrist

^^ yupp i always take off my socks and anything metal or that looks conductive..... and work in a no cluttered clear area .. and its not a dumb question bc you could ruin 1000's of dollars worth of parts

When i build my stuff i do it completely naked,That way there's no chance what so ever of having static build up,Actually that's not really accurate,I wear a hat at all time's :p

When i build my stuff i do it completely naked

OK, now I'm scarred for life. Thanks, Gord...

I make sure to ground myself multiple times while I work, especially if I get up and come back.

hmm. I'm usually not wearing socks unless it's really cold or something. I never thought to suggest taking your socks off.

Sometimes I braid my hair to keep it away from the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom