Computer not detecting Video card after Power supple change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llevan

Solid State Member
Computer not detecting Video card after Power supply change.

Yesterday I had to change my power supply because the older one died. After reconnecting, I logged in to find my grahpics are horrible. For some reason, my computer is not detecting my graphics card. Any reason this may be?

If the card requires a direct power connection, make sure it is connected, test the connector from the PSU on a different thing, such as a hard drive if you have problems still, also, try changing it back to your default resolution (if in Windows you right click and go to properties/display, Linux has many ways of doing resolution changes) and see if it works.

I've tried everything you've mentioned, and still no luck. I put the video card currently in the computer in a different one, and it worked fine.

Go into the bios and check to see that the bios has not changed. make sure that the Primary graphics is set to AGP (or whatever your video card slot is) (you may have onboard graphics as well)

1.pull it out boot,turn off,put card back in boot
2..Reinstall vieo card driver from manufacture website.

I went into the Device manager and I get this error on my nVidia GeForce 6800: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I've looked through the Troubleshoot and nothing's helping, any ideas?

There are so many bios out there I can't tell you exactly where "Pimary graphics" is located in the bios. Do you know does the motherboard have on board graphic chip? Pls post mobo manufacture and model

are you sure that your new psu is powerful enough to power everything? try unplugging everything except the video card and hdd and see if that fixes it.

Just tried that...unplugged my CD drives, fans, and lights and I'm still having the problem. Ran a dxdiag and it's saying that my computer is running generic video drivers because I don't have any installed. Found the disks that came with the card, used them multiple times and nothing's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom