Future Planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
I have learned my lession. (On serveral occasions)
The lession I speak of is not to buy crappy components. ;)

So heres what I am thinking.

I want to build a new computer but not for another two years. I want to save up around 1.5K to 2K. I will Keep my Case, Moniter and Case Fans, and possible my optical drives IF that hasn't changed much. As for my old setup, It may become a F@H PC, but its more likely that ill Part out and sell as much as possible for cash.

The reason for the two year gap is VISTA. I haven't read much on it, but I do know its hella buggy. The other reason for this two year wait is for technology. I know there will be a ton of new "items" by then.

I love Farcry and this crysis game looks awesome. So by then I hope VISTA will be "sufficently" patched up and hardware prices will drop so I will be able to play Crysis on max settings. I also hope by then that major bugs will be fixed in crysis.

Online gamming is not really a concern for me, so it doens't really factor in my decision.

I have the Money now, but I think it would be better to wait for alot of the New OS's, (Vista) and Games (Crysis), and hardware to come out and be patched up. My other concern is VISTA and windows EULA and "New security" features. If you get my drift......

Comments? I DO NOT keep up on tech news so prehaps people could enlighten me On new PC technology comming out.
I know of or have heard of:
Quad Core CPU's Or more
PCIE 2 and or 3
Multiple GPU Grahpic cards
Physx Cards
Biological harddrives (Ok maybe not close to commercial use)

Should I wait longer because of VISTA Issues?

So you think you will be able to use you monitor and case for another years? that is a really long time. By then there will probably be a lot better ones cheap. I say if you are saving up for another 2 years start from scratch.

well i know if in not mistaken some of todays monitors wont play hdtv or wahtever because of that security thing but case.. it should llast....

if your not going to build for another 2 years then we cannot help you because in two years there will be alot more out and prices will change and what not so wait until you have the money and are ready to buy before you ask what components because we could tell you to build a nice system now that could be **** in two years or so

^^^ i dont think he was asking for a build that will last 2 years from now his question was build now or 2 years ? am i right?

fade2black2004 said:
if your not going to build for another 2 years then we cannot help you because in two years there will be alot more out and prices will change and what not so wait until you have the money and are ready to buy before you ask what components because we could tell you to build a nice system now that could be **** in two years or so
What Theyoyokid Said.

Theyoyokid303 said:
^^^ i dont think he was asking for a build that will last 2 years from now his question was build now or 2 years ? am i right?

Yea, In short, I am asking if two years is enough time for the VISTA bugs to be worked out along with crysis Bugs. That and the rate new computer technology is being released.

It's a good idea to save up, and in two years if you've got $2000 to work with, you'll probably be able to put together just about any system you want, within reason. I wouldn't worry about using the same case. I like getting new cases for a build even if I'm using some of my old components because for one thing it's nice and clean and for another, it makes me feel more like I've gotten something new.

My advice would be to go ahead and start saving up, and whenever you have enough, and you are ready to move to Vista(as you've listed that as one of your goals), that's when you should start building.

In the meantime, you should definitely start following the tech news more closely. That way you'll know when it's a great time to jump in tech-wise, and you'll be more informed about the choices when you're ready to build.

i would hope soo but look at how long it took mircosoft to realse vista.. 4 years or so since xp... and xp still has some minor issues but it shoulds be pretty stable...

i tried vista but its kinda buggy cuz no quad sli drivers, and windows always has bugz im still getting these **** notifications to get patches still. but vista rulz and no i'm not talking about RC2. In two years i may have already switched to liquid hydrogen cooling an electric car and hoover board. lol by then 4x4 should be out. and amd sucks anyways. intel ould've taken over the world along with nvidia
Vista will always be buggy why? because we are their testers thats why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom