Advantages of two CD/DVD rewriters drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use only a single DVD burner in my 'good' rig, and have a CD-RW and a DVD-ROM in my older (folding) rig, but I never use the DVD drive... The drives are so fast, thats it's just as easy to put the source in, let it read, then put in the blank disc and let it copy.

NosBoost300 said:
i can't imagine what word that could have been to have been snipped in between can and two dvd's.. only thing i can think of is burn...

rip burn duplicate copy pirate create manifest
it's like mad libs.... "The General can &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp verb &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp two DVD's at once"

[offtopic]Trotter, your & my BF2 scores are probably about the same.. lol.. I just haven't played in forever, and don't even remember my handle for multiplayer.... lol. All I remember is I totally rocked as a medic with the LS85N1 or whatever the unlock was.... I could snipe BETTER with that than the darn sniper rifle's.[/offtopic]

KBlair said:
Correct, CD drives have to read the CD AND transfer that information to the game. If it's an image, it just reads directly from the hard drive.

Well it's the same thing with the hard drive, it still has to read the information. The only difference is the hard drive is always spinning, the dvd drive isn't so you have to wait for it to spin up. Also a hard drive spins faster than a dvd drive. Just some food for thought.

I just have 2 because when I copy certain entertainment in dvd form (hint hint) I dont have to swap the discs while I am away. I just put the dvd in my reader and the blank dvd in the writer and set it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom