Msi

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
alright.i believe there are alot of overclockers who uses MSI mobo here.im using one which i assume one of the lousiest mobo around.the p4mam-v http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=586
i've just update this mobo with LIVEUPDATE.how does it help when you update your mobo?does it give u addtional features to overclock because this mobo is very limited.what i can do is only increase fsb and having ram divided.thats all.:(

Hate to say it but i think it's time you get a new board if you want to oc,That's a really old board and don't think there has been any additional stuff unlocked from bios update's from what i've seen when i was looking it up before :confused:

to answer your question, updating your mobo usually puts the most up to date bios in your cmos. its very important... if you have an out of date bios, it can hinder every aspect of your pc's performance :(

erm..now knowing my prob is having such a incapable mobo.im wondering shld i get a new mobo for my current 478p4 processor?need recommendations...

The Asus P4S800D-X is a pretty good board for being socket 478,Has good oc'ing feature's and Asus are a reliable company :) But if i were you i would look into atleast stepping up to a Athlon 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom