7950 gx2 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyser09

Banned
i cant seem to get my gx2 set up proberly when ever i play a game it detects a 7950 gx2 512 mb video card! but as you know its a 1gb! someone said something about the bios and setting it up to support my 1gb video card is that the problem?
if so what would i need to do?

thanks in advance

when u go into the bios (pressing the DEL button on system boot), there will be a option somewhere in the advance area to set up the megabytes to ur graphic card, im guessing its set to 512mb since u have a 1gb card

ok well ive gone to bios in advanced there doesnt seem to be an option changing how much of my video card is used theres a bunch of stuff there were lots of stuff but i couldnt find it can u tell me which sub tab its under?

the only thing i found close to that was some kind of nvidea graphics optimizer that said i need forceware to run and i do and i enabled it but my games still say only 512mb detected

ummm well it does lag yes sometimes when i put game mods on how do i check system properties?

on 3d mark it says this about my video card
NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 Driver 6.14.10.9371

Description NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Total Local Video Memory 1.00 GB
Total Local Texture Memory 689 MB
AGP Aperture Size 0 B
Driver File nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.9371
Driver Date 10-22-2006
Driver WHQL Certified true
Max Texture Width 4096 px
Max Texture Height 4096 px
Max User Clipping Planes 6
Max Active Hardware Lights 8
Max Texture Blending Stages 8
Fixed Function Textures In Single Pass 8
Vertex Shader Version 3.0
Pixel Shader Version 3.0
Max Vertex Blend Matrices 0
Max Texture Coordinates 8
VGA Memory Clock 0.0 Hz
VGA Core Clock 0.0 Hz
PCI
Name NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2
Vendor ID 0x10de
Device ID 0x0294
SubSystem ID 0x035b10de
Revision ID 0x00a1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bus
Type PCI Express
Revision 1.0
Enabled true
Rate 8
Sideband Addressing Not Supported
Fast Write Not Supported

wats the deal with the total texture memory??i thoguht that was supposed to be a gig or is it the local video memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom