Nvidia Messed UP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, I agree with you...ATI naming sucks! Another reason why they and AMD are now one! hehe

really, both of those 2 had the crappiest, almost underhanded naming schematics. The AMDs named that way to confuse/convince a lot of unknowing computer shoppers. (people always thought it meant GHz speed)

i think its cool how they launched there main flagship card. And next they will probably launch the 8600, 8900 and others

atomic tofu said:
(people always thought it meant GHz speed)

That's not AMD's fault, that is ill-informed customer's fault.

What is keeping people from thinking that, say, 8800 is the "GHz speed"? It's a model number, same as the xxxx+ that AMD has.

TheEnd187 said:
Does anyone think that Nvidia messed up on the naming of the G80 series? i mean starting with the 8800, shouldn't it have starteg with like the 8600 or lower? now it looks like its gonna take a while for G90(which it is) and the names ar problaly gonna end up stupid likee ati, im not flaming ati but i just don't like the x1900,follwed by the x1920,x1930 etc.. i hope it doesnt end up 8800GTX 8850GTX that would suck

Nvidia always starts off their processor naming scheme with High numbers for High-end cards.

If the 8800GTX were actually named 8100GTX, and a slower card were released, but it was called the 8200GTX, that would make it seem like the new card was actually more powerful than the previous one. Sure, the alphabet soup near the end of the 7900s was annoying, but necessary.

The really interesting thing will come with the GeForce 9 series. GeForce 9800GTX anyone? People will definately be buying the 9800Pro over the 9800GTs or 9600GTs, haha. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom