ntldr missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i have gotten passed the ntldr missing error by putting the file on a floppy but now it say that the

hal.dll file is curupt or missing
so i find that file online and put it on the same floppy and i put in my xp disk to get to the recovery command line and type in

c:\>A:
A:\>copy hal.dll c:\windows\system32\

and it tells me access is denied

please someone help this is driving me insane

-hes right it could be multiple things one is a problem with the boot.ini
-do a windows repair (when you first put in the cd it asks u if u want to install,repair or quite) push r to repair and put the password in
-do a bootcfg /rebuild
-then after that try fixboot and fixmbr
if that doesnt work i dunno the partition table might be ****ed up and reinstall might be in order

Windows Repair is the easiest way to fix all the problems you are having.

XP Repair install

Please read carefully and make sure you followed the warning links before initiating the Repair Install. You can print a text version for reference. repair.txt
Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a
Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

For further instructions check out This site for full instructions. This is just a quick and basic set of instructions for the XP repair install.

Any questions just ask and i will assist you any way i can.

~Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom