Annoying Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok

I have triad all of these things (cleaning etc) but still the computer still has the same problem. This time i know the computer crashes and the screen goes off bcos i was listening to music surfing the net and it did it. The music went to a static kind of thing then gave out and i had to reboot.
Please if you can help me

Hmm

I dont think so because after it crashes and i switch it on it might take 1 min to crap out, but then as soon as i restart it then, it mihgt take 5 hours to crap out.
Any other suggestion?

Try this:
Find your My Computer icon either start menu or desktop right click it and go to properties.
Go to the hardware tab and click the deice manager
Click the View menu and choose resources by type.
Go to Input/Output look for you video card and see if it has the same number as sound card or some other device
Might take a min to do.

If your video card has the same number as something else try moving your video card to another pci slot.

It sound like a problem I had once and this fixed it.

WOW

Ok,
Thanks for the detailed post.
I am sorry but this is not useful for me as i use AGP
But thanks for the detailed post, can any1 else help me?

Now it sounds like a computer problem, like the CPU is stopping for some reason. (maybe a virus). Also it might be that the BIOS battery is dead or dying or bad

if the computer is overclocked, can you downclock it, or if its at stock speeds, can you downclock it? sounds like an instability problem related with overclocking. what are the specs of your system? like, the wattage of your ps, cpu/mobo brand(or if its a dell or something, the model number), you know, those types of things. could be an underpower ps, unstable cpu, or ram set to the wrong timings.

a virus could do it too, have you ran any antivirus software lately?

and when was the last time you got a bluescreen?

Hmm

To answer all your questions:
@ sylwek:
"Now it sounds like a computer problem, like the CPU is stopping for some reason. (maybe a virus). Also it might be that the BIOS battery is dead or dying or bad"

Well, it is a computer problem, the BIOS battery? What is is, how do i know if it is bad, and how do i change it?

@mr.Freakrider
"if the computer is overclocked, can you downclock it, or if its at stock speeds, can you downclock it? sounds like an instability problem related with overclocking. what are the specs of your system? like, the wattage of your ps, cpu/mobo brand(or if its a dell or something, the model number), you know, those types of things. could be an underpower ps, unstable cpu, or ram set to the wrong timings.

a virus could do it too, have you ran any antivirus software lately?

and when was the last time you got a bluescreen?"

It is not overclocked, so it is stock, i do not know how to downclock but i would like to avaoid it.
my computer model is a Dell Dimension 5150 so specs are on picture (i hope the info is correct).
I have also run virus scans, and no viruses, spyware, malware or anything like that.
I havent got a bluescreen for ages, it just craps out.
Thanks

PIC:

this is how a CMOS battery looks like, pretty much its watch battery.(located on the mobo)
to check if its dead pop the battery out (main power cord must be unplugged) place the battery on ur tongue and check if it shocks u. if it does it MAY be ok.
just to make sure its the battery buy a new one for like $5 bucks and reinstall it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom