Got some part already, what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I already have a case (Cooler Master Centurion 5), a motherboard (DFI Infinity am2), and a cpu (amd x2 3800 am2). Thats all I have, I need everthing else for the computer. Not a mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc. I have $1,000 left and that includes shipping.

$1K, and all you need is that?

Helllllllo 8800GT!

With the other $350-400, buy 2 gig of ram and a couple of hard drives.

Trotter said:
$1K, and all you need is that?

Helllllllo 8800GT!

With the other $350-400, buy 2 gig of ram and a couple of hard drives.

you forgot the s on that... lol

ya, i'll agree with trotter though, 8800 gts, 2 gigs of ddr667 if your not an oc'r, and a 250gb hard drive.. you'll probably still have left over money...

uhh, i guess you could get a thermaltake toughpower 750 watt? and of course your dvd drive...

I will definatly oc and I guess I can get a 8800gts. What about fans for the case I got (they seemed REALLLLY weak when I tested them).

If someone can come up with the parts I need with the 8800gts and all the other stuff I need. I will want to oc alot though.

then you better think about watercooling,i would suggest a bigger PSU but thats in my opinion

TheEnd187 said:
then you better think about watercooling,i would suggest a bigger PSU but thats in my opinion

No. leave watercooling out of this one. Too much money.

Pepsiboy-

why do I see no e6300? Curious as to why you took the AMD route.

Also definantly get an 8800GTS, make sure it's eVGA and as for a Power supply, you could get the OCZ GameXtreme 700 witch is VERY capable of running your system and relativily cheap for the power it gives out. rock solid PSU.

As for Ram Get a 2 X 1 GB Kit and see if you can get some DDR2-800 as the memory controllers on AM2 dont really like the DDR2 667.

i second the eVga 8800gts.

you can get better fans and ge good airflow.

dont go watercooling though unless your willing to spend some seriouse cash its not worth it

I didnt have alot of money really for what I REALY wanted so I wanted to go cheaper. the motherboard and cpu combo I wanted would have cost $200 more and even though it might have been a better idea, I just couldnt spare the money. The 1k I am talking about now I wont even have till after christmas.

EDIT- Canceled my order, so all I will have now is the case. I will wait to after x-mas to build this pc and will have $1500 to blow on it.

Pepsiboy700 said:
EDIT- Canceled my order, so all I will have now is the case. I will wait to after x-mas to build this pc and will have $1500 to blow on it.

Really smart move man, you will thank your self when the time comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom