Primary Drive Can Not Be Found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LADUDE2005

Baseband Member
Every time I reboot by computer an error message comes up that says primary drive can not be found. I tried to see if i could fix the problem in the BIOS but I could not so I just hit the F1 key to continue. Does anyone know what I can do to fix the problem?

SPECS

Here are my System SPECS Lord AnthraX

DELL DIM3000

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board

Board: Dell Computer Corp. 0N6381
Bus Clock: 533 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A01 08/24/2004

512 MB OF RAM

Drives
76.18 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
32.13 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Hvae you made any recent changes to it or fiddle inside, or even Take out the hard drive and put it back in by any chance, or did it just happen out of the blue and you haven't touched your PC?

I made a change to the harddive in the BIOS. What I did was I changed the acoustic volume of the harddrive from Bypass to peroformance than I changed it back to quiet. But after I changed it to performance the screen came up and said primary drive can not be found and the same happened when I changed it to quiet.

Maybe I need to change a setting in the BIOS?

try changing the IDE cable or if that doesnt work i would reset my BIOS to default by poping the battery.

I got the BIOS to recognize the primary drive. I just went into the set up utility and shut off some secondary drives to off. My PC works fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom