Using My HD Plasma for a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sorry it took so long!

My "guy" said that the DVI or digital input might be for the computer, but if it is not it will not work. They look the same but if it is not for the computer it will not sync up. The digital is the best; VGA is your next option. The digital is the best you can do, so I recommend following the advice of those guys up there :)

penfold said:

My "guy" said that the DVI or digital input might be for the computer, but if it is not it will not work. They look the same but if it is not for the computer it will not sync up. The digital is the best; VGA is your next option. The digital is the best you can do, so I recommend following the advice of those guys up there :)

where did he get that from? DVI is for DVI connections, not just computers

Elbatrop1 said:
I can see a few problems arising from this:

1) You are likely using the S-Video output of your video card. S-Video is Standard Definition. Not Hi-Def like your TV is. Component cables are Hi-Def, but since the origination of the signal is Reg-Def, you'll never get a true Hi-Def picture. DVI is a Hi-Def interface, and using that will allow you to get a Hi-Def signal to your TV.

2) Your TV likely supports 1080i. You vid cards max resolution falls short of 1080i. This means that whatever picture you send to your TV is NOT 1080i.

You will need the following to make a nice picture on your TV from your computer:

1) Get a vid card that supports at least 1920×1080 resolution (1080i).

2) Get a Hi-Def cable. This can be a VGA or DVI cable. Not S-Video.

Read Above I am not using a S video but an analog RGB like a standard Monitor (tv has connection for that.)

it was the resolution that I figgured to be the problem as when I display high res pictures they are brilliantly clear, but text gives me headaches and is fuzzy

so a higher resolution card will make a difference for text ? I figgured this might be it but wasn;t sure because it dosn;t appear to have to distort pictures with the current resolution so why would it text?

EricB said:
you can buy a dvd decoder card that support high def (300 buck but 25 bucks on ebay). be aware the computer like text will always look funny. go to display properties and change your text to clear type

Clear type I will give that a Shot and let you know how it goes

penfold said:

Not to doubt your guy but that dosn;t seem acurate ... if a dvi would work for my monitor to computer it would also work for my TV as it has all the same connections as my monitor ... I just dont know if the switch from cables is going to make the difference ...

(they were out of the kind I wanted at the store so I will have to try again)

thanks for the advice ... I appreciate it

EricB said:
if text is that important lower the resolution to 800x600. it will improve

excelent ... this is the fix I choose as it is the cheapest ...

Thank You

But just to calrify a higher res video card will display better quality ? (sounds like a stupid question in my head)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom