pc will not POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

clocke89

Solid State Member
just built a new pc. everything gets plugged in correctly and should work. however, i turn on the pc and it beeps for about 2 secs, then about a 5sec pasue, the beeps again, and it doesnt stop doing that. nothing is displayed on the monitor. so i started trying to narrow down what the problem was by unplugging all the compnents plugged in. i got down to having the main power connector, 12V power connector, case fan, cpu fan, power switch, and cpu(duh) plugged in. i unplugged the 12V power connector and the beeping stopped. however, as the computer needs that power connector, that cant be the problem. just for kicks i tried running the pc w/o the 12V connector, results: monitor stays in power saving mode, howver the other remaining plugged in components power up. what's happening? faulty mobo? at least i got the beeping to stop! lol. help! thanks.

First time building a computer? A common mistake among new builders is the standoffs

Install the Motherboard Standoffs

Take a look at that to know what im talking about. each one of those "has to be under a screw hole" on the motherboard. if not then it will be touching the solder on the motherboard creating a short.

schusterjo said:
First time building a computer? A common mistake among new builders is the standoffs

Install the Motherboard Standoffs

Take a look at that to know what im talking about. each one of those "has to be under a screw hole" on the motherboard. if not then it will be touching the solder on the motherboard creating a short.

No it is not the first time I have built a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom