Pc Problem - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emachines power supplies have been going out and taking out mobos with them. We've seen a LOT of this.

You can check to make sure everything is well seated (cards, RAM, etc) and check the mobo to be sure all the capacitors are still good (not domed, rusty, or oozy, but nice and flat) and if everything checks out, it's probably the psu/mobo issue.

Ste said:

You never "need" to buy a new harddrive, either reformat and reinstall or run a repair. You might also have to get the XP through them.

I beg to differ, Ste. Hard drives CAN go bad and NEED to be replaced.

penfold said:
I beg to differ, Ste. Hard drives CAN go bad and NEED to be replaced.

Did he say his Hd was Malfunctioning?

IF THAT WAS THE CASE! Then yes. But ITS not.
(At least we won't know till later)

well, before we can suggest anything, we need some info, like mobo size(matx = like 3 slots at bottom) or atx (about 6 or 7), what cpu you prefer, amd, or intel, and what type of ps connector you have, unless you plan to junk the emachine ps.

im thinking somewhere along the lines of:
msi Socket 939 mobo
amd athlon 64 3800+
new 400w ps

Sorry i took a while to respond to this but. lets see

I don't think it was his PSU, because he wasn't using the original psu from emachine. it was a After market 500watt off newegg.

His case is big. and can hold, 5-6 slots at the bottom.

We like Amd

All ps connector's have been upgraded.

- I don't think it was his HDD going bad. Because at first, it messed up. we played around with some things. and it worked for about 3 mins. Then bad again.

I tested the Graphic, ram, psu and the hdd. So he ordered a new Mobo and CPU

- i went over the hold inside of the computer and couldn't smell or see anything that looked wrong. it was a freak thing lol.

so my guess is, either the Mobo or CPU went bad. but he got a new one, should be here in a few days. Well see how it works. then i can grab a few old parts and test his old stuff to see whats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom