Intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

animaListic

Solid State Member
I'm sure this might get asked alot, but I'm just curious.

I'm building the computer myself, I plan to use it for playing Counter-Strike and World of Warcraft for the most part, talking on AIM/MSN, adobe photoshop, downloading music, just that general stuff. But because of the gaming I plan on making it pretty decent.

Anyway, which should I get, AMD or Intel?

you said photoshop.. so i'm going to have to go with core 2 duo.... this thing manhandles huge files with photoshop, i couldnt be happier

Amd kicks whatever intel leaves behind.
By that i mean go with Amd.
I built 1 intel pc and it lasted 1 month.
I didn't overlcock or anything just playing games and then all the sudden it shut down and the cpu/mobo where both done.

I got 3 Amd processors and no problems cause i had them for over 1 year except for the third one cause i just built that one.

Back in the old days intel kicked amd , now intel have caught up with their core 2 duo and amd are thinking *wtf* were losing profits and catching up with intel . Allthough big corps use intel so it must be reliable , my cousions servers all run on core 2 duo and e says its great! and would never use AMD

animaListic said:
I'm sure this might get asked alot, but I'm just curious.

I'm building the computer myself, I plan to use it for playing Counter-Strike and World of Warcraft for the most part, talking on AIM/MSN, adobe photoshop, downloading music, just that general stuff. But because of the gaming I plan on making it pretty decent.

Anyway, which should I get, AMD or Intel?

It seems that Intel and AMD both have similar price to performance ratios now. In some cases, Intel will give you more performance for the same amount of money. With Netburst architecture on the older Intels, AMD was a better bang for your buck.

However, now that Intel has it's Core 2 Duo with a new architecture, it is now able to outperform AMD in some cases. This is apparent if you compare an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ with a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600. The 5000 is a tiny bit more expensive and barely gets beat by the E6600 in most benchmarks.

Norcent said:
Amd kicks whatever intel leaves behind.
By that i mean go with Amd.
I built 1 intel pc and it lasted 1 month.
I didn't overlcock or anything just playing games and then all the sudden it shut down and the cpu/mobo where both done.

I got 3 Amd processors and no problems cause i had them for over 1 year except for the third one cause i just built that one.

That proves nothing.

Core2Duo is the best price-to-performance ratio right now. If you've got the dough, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom