the 7900gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 7900gs should handle FSX on high settings alright. the 7900gs should last you a year on mid-high settings for upcoming games as well, but if this is an upgrade to last more then that...i suggest getting a 7900gt or gtx if you can. Im not sure if they offer the gto in the uk but try to find it if you can...evga makes them, and their cheaper then the gtx but with ocing they are the same.

Another thing...im not fimiliar with the company you picked, but im not too fimiliar with the uk in general :p. I did happen to notice an ad for the foxcon7900gs on the same site, and foxcon's are known to be reliable. I would have suggested an xfx, evga, or bfg, but i don't think they supply to the uk.

edit: heres a benchmark i found for the FSX demo and 7900gs...sry i gotta get to writing a research paper so i can't find a benchmark for the retail FSX and the 7900gs for ya rigth now :p : benchy

edit edit: guess i just don't want to write that research paper :p. There online store has the bfg 7900gs and the evga 7900gs. The foxcon sould be ok but try to go for the bfg or evga if you can.

ok 1 last question how much of a differeence is like 5-10 fps gonna make?

edit are you sure the benchmarks are correct becuase they are preeeeeeeety high:D where the benchmarks created on high?

what about the 7900gs i listed at the top of the post?

as long as the game is above 40fps...you shouldn't noticed any laging. If it is below then you either need to lower the setttings or get a better video card. The 7900gs should be ok for now, then maybe next yr you could upgrade to a dx10 card. This is basically how it works. You get a mid-high range video card to handle new games for a while. When you noticed its starting to lag at mid settings (usually a yr after it was labled a mid-high end gpu), then it is time to upgrade to a new gpu, unless you like low settings :p. OR you could get a high end gpu like the 7900gto or gtx and it should last you a yr and a half prob. But remember technology changes very rapidly and my figures could change. Basically its not 100% perdictable.

edit: they usually do the benchmarks on high since its meant for ethusiasts.

like i said im not fimiliar with the company of the video card you choose. I uaually like to stay with a known reliable company. Just read around the forums and you should easily find the companys most ppl like (i.e. evga, bfg, xfx, and more)

thanks would it be ok to get an overclockers.co.uk 7900gs or would it be benificial to get one from a company like ASUS

asus are fine too but their 7900gs is a little more on that site so i didn't list it, thought you were trying to get the cheapest reliable one :p.

sry i got to go now...hopefully someone else will answer any further questions you have

nvm what i meant was is it worth getting a more expensive brand of the same card...though from what ive heard the overclokers one overclocks pretty well so i think i should go with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom