Advantages of two CD/DVD rewriters drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
as title folks? ive got a spare cd/dvd rewriter drive doing nothing and a free bay in my case.

Is it just that id be able to copy the contents of one disc onto another at the same time? stuff like that? any other benefits?

Saving wear and tear is the main use I see.

My old comp has a DVD burner and a DVD player in it. The player gets the most usage (cheaper to replace).

My current rig only has a single burner, but I use Daemon tools to mount images of my games so I can play without the disk spinning in my drive.

yeah making an image of games is a great idea, ill be doing that when ive got more games.

My main game is BF2. I just click my icon and away I go... no need to worry about where the disk is (put away for safe keeping).

good time saver to, you dont have to go looking for the disk if its not where it should be. I personally rarely use my Optical Drives but they're handy to have as always

I believe it's faster performance to run the game from the hard drive than from the cd, correct?

b1gapl said:
I believe it's faster performance to run the game from the hard drive than from the cd, correct?
Correct, CD drives have to read the CD AND transfer that information to the game. If it's an image, it just reads directly from the hard drive.

However, this usually just decreases load times, I wouldn't expect you to own at Battlefield 2 just because you imaged the CD. :p

this usually just decreases load times

yeah. The CD is just for authentification.

If you want to decrease your load times, check out the BF2 guide on TweakGuides. The last page or two has a couple of things that really help out, but the whole guide is definitely worth the read.

I can [snipped] two DVD's at once, effectively doubling my productivity. I wouldn't even consider having just one DVD burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom