Loading Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwillyf

Solid State Member
Hope I am posting this in the correct area.
I am suddenly having problems loading up Internet Explorer. It comes up with the message of a problem encountered requiring shut down and an invitation to send an error report.
When I access Internet Properties through Control Panel, I find the details of home page greyed out and I cannot enter a new home page. I suspect that this is the problem. Any advice?
Many thanks

Wouldn't be a problem with limited user account since they can change the home page, I suspect spywares. Go here

Try downloading Firefox from another computer and install it on the one with the IE problem.

One question, is this IE 6 or 7?

Law,
Thanks for the reply.
It is IE 6 I am using.
The problem seems to have partly corrected itself in that IE now loads, but I am still unable to change my homepage.
I was infected with Pest Trap and a couple of other spyware programs that I seem to have weeded out using the Warez technique. My problem has started since that clean out. I wonder if I have inadvertently altered some settings when accessing msconfig as part of that clean up process?
Any thoughts further?

Law - you cracked it!!
Turns out that it was the IE home page settings in Spybot that were causing the problem. Once these were unlocked, we are back in normal action. Thanks a lot!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom