anyone running 8800gtx sli yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no... gts and gtx are just better period.. in every way... the gts is cheaper because it costs less to make the card than a gx2 does... they have to place 2 cores on a gtx, and have pretty much 2 of everything to produce it... where as a gts is a single card...

the gx2 has more ram.. but thats it....

a 7800gtx costs more than a 7900gt... but its not better...

the ram isnt all that important... its just for holding textures pretty much... thats it.. playing higher resolutions pretty much is what its needed for..

don't get me wrong, ram speed is important, and amount does make a difference.. but its not as important as a whole new architecture

which is why x1950's in crossfire i think hold the record in 3dmark!!! :p

does it really?so if i have 2 7950 gx2's ur crossfire would beat it?man i really chose the wrong vid card then

7950 is an awesome card.. don't think you got the wrong one... sli is just bad with the 7950.. why i don't know?? well its not bad.. but its not top notch..

and i've only got an x1950 PRO.. which is a piece of crap (7900 equivalent.. if that)

the 7950gx2 spanks a sinlge x1950xtx... i dunno what went wrong with sli?

http://www.digital-daily.com/video/quad_sli/index02.htm

check it out yourself... awesome single... waste of money SLi

keyser09 said:
ya i should stick with one 7950 for now and get a g8 or better when i have enough money ur right

i wanted a 7950 myself but settled for a x1900xt at the time.. be happy with that card.. just grab your new psu and see what it can really do....

thats to oc though i dont know if that affects its normal ghz or watever but read it thru i cant understand much of it anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom