New rig won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilveari

Baseband Member
Got a E6600 Conroe on a P5B-E board. OCX Gamexstream 600W PSU. 2GB DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2 RAM. And tossed in an age old PCI video card to test the rig out before I buy a pci-e card.

So I plug it into the wall, flip the switch to turn on the PSU. I notice the green LED by the CMOS is lit up. I hit the power button on the case and every fan spins up for an instant, then stops and the system never starts up. This is including the PSU fan, and heatsink fan.

I've checked the internal system connectors, the PSU connectors are all where they are supposed ot be on the mobo. I'm at a loss as to wtf this thing's problem is. I would say it's a problem with the PSU, but the green LED by the CMOS chip is glowing a solid green, even after the fans spin for an instant.

I tried doing it the way the manual said. cut all power, let power bleed for a couple minutes. pull the cmos battery, then move the cmos jumper for 5-10 seconds, then replace the jumper and battery, still having the same problems. Green LED by the CMOS lights up solid green, hit the power button and all fans spin up for an instant then stop, never hear any system beeps.

nevermind I found the problem. Rookie mistake on my 3rd rig =.= Had a rogue spacer grounding the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom