need help with data storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadobject

Beta member
Okay so here is the deal. A terabyte of internal hard drive space is not enough for me anymore .. :p what im looking for is the name or a device and where i can find it. I think i have seen vauge pictures of a pure hard drive tower that has many racks for hdds and it interfaces to your computer though a pci card. or something like that. Im pretty sure this is possible if you do not know of anything like it dont flame and say its not possible. anyways i would like to know where i can buy a new one like for sata hard drives not norm ide's, if ide is all you know of post that too but what i am lookng for is a highspeed multi terabyte setup. oh i will buy hdds myself so dont look for one that has them already in it. thanks.

i think something like that. i didnt read everything but it looks like the idea but not my buget. what im looking for is a tower that has pure hdd racks and fans and an intergration board that connects them all then it will output to another pc.... i dont want it to run by itself. no server set ups im not looking for network setups im looking for personal data storage use. ... 4 tho is way to much for me... looking in the hundred range. but thank you for pointing that site out.

well if you dont mind me asking, What are you doing with all that space??? If I were you I wouls just look on newegg and use there "narrow you search tool to find a HD rack"

EDIT: well here is a $30 case on newegg that has 5 internal hard drive bays. Throw some 500gigs in there and you could have 2.5 more terabytes if you could get power to them and use like a PCI raid card

i would go with an internal rack that replaces 3 cd drive slots but im curently using 3 for a water cooling setup. :p i already have 5 hdds in the tower. i know that they are all small ... at 250 each but they were hella cheap now im looking for a way to house hdds outside and not have them connected by usb. i looked up racks and found some things thatmatched what i want ... dont know why i didnt see them before but the deal is i cant tell how they are intregrated into the computer am i suposed to buy a card seperate from them or are thy suposed to go where the cd drives should or what... here is an example i like how this is looking http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817994028 ... the 5 bays anyways how its it connected to the tower? oh and i use the storage for games and movies i buy.... i buy them .. yes one of the few people that still does that and i rip them so i dont have to switch out the dvds and cds ... oh and music is in there somehere too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom