USB ports dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d15ch0rd

Beta member
Well, I had to switch over to my laptop. but on my home PC none of the usb ports are working now. It's running a beta build of Windows Vista Ultimate. When I start it up I get my keyboard failure message and whatnot, but the mouse has power to it, the light turns on. Any ideas? Thanks.

might be Vista, if it is dual booting windows XP or something try going into it. If not try a live boot copy of Linux.

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Note: you may or may not have to enable USB keyboard in the BIOS in order to use the boot menu for the live CD

Oh and welcome to the forums

what do you mean it only has USB ports? It should have PS/2 as well. If not, like i said try to download a copy of the Live CD of ubuntu and see of it works then cause it could just be Vista or the ports could be dead.

Did they work before? or has this just happened recently and have you tried different USB ports?

Nah, it doesn't have a ps/2 or I'd have another keyboard in there already =p
And they just died today after getting a BSoD for a bad pool header error.

hmm, are you using a laptop or something? it should have PS/2 unless its a board i've never heard of or something, anyway, do you have a USB card laying around? if so try it and see if it works or see if you can borrow one off of someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom