Widescreen Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels

In Runtime
Like TVs, will monitors move towards widescreen in the future? I'm thinking of getting one, but the ones I've seen have had stretched out taskbars and icons (Windows).

widescreens are AWSOME!

And freakrider said, if the icons and stuff look stretched its usually due to the resolution not being right and no games dont have to be windowed. I play Source games close my max res (1440x900 i think) and i have it all on high without AA and AF on a 6600GT

I'm worried about older games though. I still like to play old games and I wouldn't want some nasty horizontally stretched image.

Sorry to leech on to your questing liek this, but I can't ask my own unless I have 40 post. I was not exactly sure where to put this so here seemed like a safe bet. Normally I have no trouble with my system and under stand things pretty well, so this make me feel like an idiot, but here goes.

I have a new 22 inch widescreen monitor, but I still have the bars when I play my widescreen movies. I have tried spider man 2 as well as Underworld and a few other things, I get the normal bars on the side when I play full screen things, do I don't quite get it. I have my monitor set up for the proper resolution, and am using win dvd version 5. Is this just how it is going to be or is there soemthing I can do to get rid of the letterboxing, I know some movie still have smaller bars, but these are no smaller then on a standard monitor.

Thanks for your time and sorry for the stupidity of my question heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom