I'm looking for a file manager that can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makaveli213 said:
Okay i stand corrected. Linux does have something like it. But Also be know that installing Linux does take some good PC knowledge. No matter what some people say installing Linux isnt as easy as it is to install Windows. I am still trying to find a Linux build to install on my SATA Drives.

All major distributions of Linux install on SATA, I can't tell you have frantically I am typing this, you are so unbelievably ignorant* that my head is reaching critical mass. I have 6 SATA drives and even 10-month old Debian Sarge installs on it.

Installing Ubuntu is 6 steps, all in a pretty GUI** with a mouse. How hard is that?

* Ignorant as in lacking knowledge, not the misused insult.
** Actually its a nasty baby-**** brown coloured shiney theme for Gnome that I can't stand, but it's not a big deal to change once it's installed.

I have tried several different build of Linux. From PCLinuxOS to Fedora. Not one of which i have been able to use to install Linux. It could be that i dont know what i am fully doing. But i have also gotten very good guidance and still have not been able to get Linux to detect my HDD's.

I will download and try to install the Ubantu that you pointed out above and see if i can get that working for me.

Makaveli213 said:
I have tried several different build of Linux. From PCLinuxOS to Fedora. Not one of which i have been able to use to install Linux. It could be that i dont know what i am fully doing. But i have also gotten very good guidance and still have not been able to get Linux to detect my HDD's.

I will download and try to install the Ubantu that you pointed out above and see if i can get that working for me.

Well one things for sure and that's that it is not the fact that they are SATA, you may need to go into your BIOS and change them to "normal" mode ... we had to do that with a bunch of new Dells in the computer lab.

If that doesn't work then you either have a really obscure SATA controller that's not supported, or just have bad luck. :confused:

It is more likely that the devil is out to get you, than Linux not supporting your SATA controller.

Okay i have been into my BIOS a several hundred times but i dont know what you mean by turing it to "Normal" mode.

I think it is just cause it doesnt support my Itnel based SATA controller.

Makaveli213 said:
Okay i have been into my BIOS a several hundred times but i dont know what you mean by turing it to "Normal" mode.

I think it is just cause it doesnt support my Itnel based SATA controller.

Oh, no way. If it's Intel, you can guarantee it's compatible with Linux.

Perhaps your BIOS doesn't have that option, I don't know. Every motherboard I've had has had that option. In the drive section, there should be an option for what mode to run the SATA/SCSI drives in, and there should be Normal among the options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom