Single NVIDIA 8800 GTX Kicks X1950 XTX CrossFire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too impressed by the 8800GTX. If you have a high res display, then you will need to SLI the 8800GTX to get good frames in current games, nevermind games of the future...

Im waiting for Either;

A. 8900 GTS

B. R600.

8800 GTX and GTS just dont seem like a good investment right now.

Deathawk said:
BECAUSE WE NEVER SEEN THAT COMING!! NEW TECHNOLOGY FASTER THAN OLD TECHNOLOGY? NO WAY!

But the X1950XTX came out like a month ago, how is that old technology? :p

I just flat out hate ATI, so faster or slower, I don't care, I'll probably get two 8800GTX's if I win the lottery.

No, wait, I want two 7950GX2's so I can have Quad SLI in Linux. DirectX 10 means nothing to me.

Ahh but they are so much faster. Okay I'll wait for two 8950GX2's. :)

Spartan said:
So you would waste your money on not-so-intelligent decisions just due to a wait period?? Or is it being a fanboy??

Weigh the pros and cons of the cards versus your intended applications and THEN decide what card would best fit what you intend to do. Anything, like a video card, that costs $500+ is a pretty big expenditure and should be given time. Being impulsive and ignorant is not going to be in your favor most of the time. It is only going to result in you being frustrated at your own purchase a few months down the line.

So your basically what your saying right now is everyone who purchased a 7900 series video right now is impulsive and ignorant. 2-3 months doesnt sound long on paper but when it actually get's to it it's a long wait, and by that time i bet you going to be telling people, NO WAIT DON'T BUY NOW THE 8900GTX IS COMING IN 2-3 MONTHS. Then there going to say no i waited 2-3 months for the r600, then are you going to call them impulsive and ignorant as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom