Need help deciding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demigoth

Beta member
I don't know which is better in performance overall, I have 2 processors to choose from the Pentium D 950 and the AMD Athlon X2 4200+ with AM2 socket, I have not found a website with a benchmarking between this 2 so I would like some recomendation.

pentium d's are terrible dual cores, i would go with the 4200+

here is a review of the older 4200+, the newer one is slightly better

and how do you have 2 choices?? are you just now making a computer... or do you have 2 motherboards?

ok I am making choices to buy a computer and I just came back from the store and I am considering changing the 4200+ for the 4600+.

So Pentium D is not recomended as I'm going to use the computer for video games right?

Demigoth said:
I don't know which is better in performance overall, I have 2 processors to choose from the Pentium D 950 and the AMD Athlon X2 4200+ with AM2 socket, I have not found a website with a benchmarking between this 2 so I would like some recomendation.

Read here.

Demigoth said:
ok I am making choices to buy a computer and I just came back from the store and I am considering changing the 4200+ for the 4600+.

So Pentium D is not recomended as I'm going to use the computer for video games right?

It's not that Pentium Ds are not good for gaming, it's just that there is newer and better CPUs available for the same amount of money.

Have a look through those CPU charts I linked to. You can change the CPUs that you are comparing, as well as what benchmark is used.

ok I made up my mind but before I go out and sell my soul for this PC I wanna hear how good do you guys think it is...

AMD Athlon X2 4600+ AM2 Socket
Asus M2V mobo K8T890 chipset
2Gb RAM Kingston
160GB HD ATA 2
512Mb nVIDIA 7600

Yep that looks fine to me :>
I think you made the better choice about using AMD rather than intel ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom