Computer CPU monitoring recommendations by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexaroni

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, here are a few programs that I had never heard of before, but now use every day. They are absolutely fantastic!

Core Temp Beta .93

This program Rocks. It works for Core, Core2Duo, and K8 (Newer AMD processors), and monitors the CPU temperature in a clear, easy to read, no BS presentation. It also records the temperature to a txt file, and you can minimize it to run it in the background so that you can monitor your CPU under load and at idle, easily. I definitely recommend it, and you can get it HERE

Then, there is another great program that I easily can reccomend to anyone, It is a cpu monitoring application very similar to CPU-Z, but has overclocking options within windows, in a very simple to understand manner. You can get it HERE

Hope these help other people, I accidentally found them on Google, and they are just fantastic, and use very little memory.

Dex

The whole point IS that they are fairly simple. It reads the temperature right from the processor core, so its 100 percent accurate (unlike my bios' reading).

Well there's only one physical temperature probe in the core or on the motherboard so unless the program is decoding the info sent from that probe in a different way there should be no difference.

My mobo is reading 62C with a aftermarket cooler, and this program is reading 33C. I think its just a good program for people who want an easy way to test temps within windows, without having to go into their bios.

hrmm this program is telling me the same as SIV, only SIV has way more option to look through... but as already said, simple but gets the job done

I vouch for Core Temp. Works wonderfully on my E6300 (38-40°C idle, 45-50°C load). I'd compare with MotherboarMonitor but my mobo isn't supported.

What kind of processor are you using? Core temp only works for Core2Duo or K8 processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom