Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarfreak2765

Solid State Member
Alright, I'm at a complete loss right now. I'm trying to run dual monitors on my comp, but I can't get a second monitor to work. At first I thought it was the monitor itself, but that isn't the case. I switched the monitors around, and the second one worked just fine, but the first one stopped working this time.

Whichever monitor that is supposed to be the second one just has a black screen. I know it's doing SOMETHING though, because I can hear it flicker on when I plug it into my comp. It's just a black screen though. I've gone through the Windows Troubleshooter, but nothing has worked so far.

Anyone have a problem like this before?

Are you using the software that came with your graphics card?

What are you trying to set it up with?

If you have an nvidia card, go to the desktop, right click and select display properties, go to the settings tab, then hit the advanced button, go to the Geforce tab (if nvidia), select nView display settings, then set it to Clone, and mess with it a bit until you've got it the way you want.

Yeah, I'm running off Nvidia.

I went to the display settings, but I'm not seeing a clone option anywhere =/

Honestly, I'm not even sure if my PC is picking up the second monitor.

What video card is it? Also if you want to find out if the card is picking it up, reboot your computer, make sure both monitors are plugged into the card and turned on. Both monitors should show the Post screen, and the Windows loading screen.

Though I could be wrong, but my TV and my LCD both show the POST and OS load screen, then the TV goes blank after the Desktop loads.

Running on a GeForce 6200.

And I rebooted the comp, nothing came up on the second monitor. I tried switching the two monitors around, and the same thing happened. So it can't be the monitors.

I don't get it though, I have both of them plugged into the PC where it says the monitors can be hooked up at. The screen flickers when I plug the 2nd one in, but other than that, it's as if I never hooked the thing up.

Note: Sorry if I'm not giving enough info, I'm not the biggest of tech guys around >_<

Does your card have two DVI (white) outs or just one and a VGA (blue) out? Though it sounds like you have two of the same outputs since you switched monitors, but I haven't found a card with two of the same outputs on newegg.

I'm not sure if the card would do two monitors if they're DVI and VGA, it should do two DVI's though.

Also if you haven't already, download the latest drivers from Nvidia or the card manufacturers website and see if that helps.

Well, it looks like I actually have two blue and one white o_O

Thing is, my monitor cables only fit into the blue ones. I'm not really sure what this means for me. Here's a pic of the cables and the PC if it helps any.

DSCN0095.jpg

DSCN0094-1.jpg

Ah ok, you tried plugging both monitors, but instead of both in the video card itself, you plugged one into the motherboard vga port.

Yeah, its not going to work that way, both need to be in the video card (not the motherboard) itself. I'm not sure if they have an adapter to plug into DVI to convert to VGA, but I'm doubting that one exists though. You'll need a newer video card that has two DVI (white) ports, and new monitors that have DVI cables.

My x850xt runs dual monitors fine. I use 2 VGA monitors, and my card has one VGA and one DVI output. My card came with a VGA-DVI converter, and it works flawelessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom