After I reformatted their System...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
Windows XP home. This is the PC I told you about a while back that was infested with spyware and viruses... More viruses than a Singapore hooker.

So I have the thing reformatted and I'm installing applications. I installed MS Office, and itunes. Once I get everything installed I'm going to lock it down - make only the parents admins with passwords and everyone else Limited users with passwords as well.

So... is there a way to do that all at once? I don't want to log into each kid's account and make her an admin, set the password, make private blah blah... then set back to Limited.

Also, what else should I install? I figure AOL instant messenger... what other junk do kids use? I'll ask them but maybe people here have some insights. I'm too old school, so if this were me, I'd install mIRC, GAIM and FTP - but these kiddies aren't advanced, and certainyl not techies.
:cool:

yes, you would have to do it the long, hard way
unless you get really technical

well i dont play games much, so i dont know
how old r they? younger than 7-8 than some kiddies games
13-16 well any games, and trust me! they will get something for themselves

Do it all through the computer management console. Just go into the users section and create them there. You can tweak as needed.

schultzy said:
yes, you would have to do it the long, hard way
unless you get really technical

well i dont play games much, so i dont know
how old r they? younger than 7-8 than some kiddies games
13-16 well any games, and trust me! they will get something for themselves

I know they'll ***** when they can't install Limewire. I installed itunes so I'll have to ask, I guess.
They're age 15 to 21. I wonder if the 21 year old can hook me up with some of her friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom