Major Computer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaown

Beta member
Ok, I recently bought parts to build a computer. I get everything set up, turn it on. Normally the computer is supposed to load enough to at least open the bios...but it's like the computer doesn't even recognize my keyboard. I thought it may be the usb that it's not recognizing right now, so I went to my office and picked up one of the older ones that aren't usb. I restart my computer, and same thing happens. Some people told me it may be my motherboard that is to blame, so i sent it in, 2 weeks later, I get a brand new one, but the same thing is happening. I don't know if something isn't compatable, or what, I'm SO CONFUSEd. Thanks for all of your help, and here is a list of the things I currently have (bought off www.newegg.com)

Here is a Microsoft Word document of the list I have because it'll be a lot easier, beacuse it has the links on it. (Note: If you do not have Microsoft Word, just open it in wordpad)

Computer Parts List: www.uppit.com/4rn2k

If you don't need the links for the parts, here is just the text.

Motherboard-ATX Intel ECS P965T-A (V1.0)Socket T (LGB 775) Express
Gfx card= SAPPHIRE 100149 Radeon X1900XT 512 GDDR3 PCI EXpress X16
Power Supply-500w
Ram- (x2) 1 gb 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Harddrive- 160gb SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series
Cd drive/burner- LITE-ON 16x Dvd+r DVD burner
CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86 GHz L GA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300

Thanks for your help once again :)

does it buzz or anything when you turn it on? try some different ram, that was my problem a few years ago

The ram is fine, my friend brought over his, it did the same thing :S And I know it is not the ram problem because when I don't put any ram in, the computer turns on but like it doesnt run anything, it's just black, when I have my ram in, it just won't recognize my keyboard I think, so I can't even setup bios, so pretty much my computer is worthless until this is fixed.

check if the 4 pin connector is plugged in to the motherboard coming from the power supply (if the mobo has one). if that doesnt work it might be a power supply issue

i didnt check the specs on the mobo but is the mobo compatible with the conroe i know it takes certain types of mobos to suppor the new intel duo conroe just a thought maybe

Intel's 965 chipset does support the non-extreme edition conroe, but I don't know if you flash it first or not, try Intel's homepage. Also try reseting your BIOS, you should find details of how to do this in your MOBO manual. If that don't work let me know, it sounds really strange

I don't know if this will help but a little bit back my sister and her husband moved. The tower got a little shaken up and when they set it back up the computer would work normally except that the keyboard and mouse weren't responsive. I just removed every thing down to the processor and put it back together. After wards it worked fine. Doesn't quite sound like your problem but thought u might want to try.

Check everything to be sure it's seated securely. You used the keyboards elsewhere so you know they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom