Single NVIDIA 8800 GTX Kicks X1950 XTX CrossFire

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Ridlyn, your point is valid, but these are the first video cards that are truly NEXT GEN. It isn't just another minor upgrade. DX10 is the next big thing and is here to stay. From now on for a LONG time, all new high-end cards will be built with the DX10 architecture in mind. It isn't just another case of "waiting another few months for the best".

NosBoost300 said:
8900 will not be out in 2-3 months... revisions of a series are not made that fast, the 7900 did not come out 3 months after the 7800 series, they're not gonna be able to make a brand spankin new core, and grab a hold of gddr4 in time to beat the r600 at launch.. so quit your dreaming, and accept the r600 will be better for a while

I said "BUT ONCE...." MEANING 2-3 MONTHS AFTER R600, the 8900GTX's will be out likely.... :rolleyes:

It works like this.... wait every 3 months and swap companies each time

OR

wait every 6 months for the new card in your prefered company.

^^^ Yep, if i had the money, i'd buy one right now. I don't care if something is coming out in 3 months because something is always coming out in 3 months. Unless it's like 1 1/2-2 months away im not going to wait.

All I can really say is I have never had the money to get any high end cards except for this 7900gs I have. I personally think for someone to criticize a video card against another (like an nvidia card against a ati card) you should have owned it and have seen the performance for yourself (like the 7900gs have worse specs than the 7900gt but performs the same, same with x850xt/pe and the 7600gt, raw power isnt everything). Like Nosboost300 said earlier "
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware...sfire/page4.asp

check it there... the x1950 pro beats the 7900gs in alot of things.... but then again, i've seen other sites where 7900gs does better than the x1950pro in alot of things... to me, their about even.. i've even seen places where the x1950 beats the 7900gt".

That just speaks for it self.

I am not saying buy all the top cards out there and find out which is the best. I am just saying if your having issues deciding between two video cards, look for the age between them, the specs, and in benchies the games you play and average it out, and pick the best overall card (like the x850xt/pe vs a 7600gt, I would pick the 7600gt cause i now know the difference between not having and having sm3.0 and overlocking can definatly boost fps, plus just the age difference and newer technology generally isnt worse).

I didnt have much time to put this together because of work but I hate it when people say "this card is better than this because I said so". Do research before you say anything on a site like this cause if you do, you will get screwtinized like you wouldnt believe.

Also I have owned almost all ati cards except for a fx5200 and a 7900gs. I just go for w/e is the best bang for my buck since I dont have money to blow on being a fan boy.

Ridlyn said:
^^^ Yep, if i had the money, i'd buy one right now. I don't care if something is coming out in 3 months because something is always coming out in 3 months. Unless it's like 1 1/2-2 months away im not going to wait.

So you would waste your money on not-so-intelligent decisions just due to a wait period?? Or is it being a fanboy??

Weigh the pros and cons of the cards versus your intended applications and THEN decide what card would best fit what you intend to do. Anything, like a video card, that costs $500+ is a pretty big expenditure and should be given time. Being impulsive and ignorant is not going to be in your favor most of the time. It is only going to result in you being frustrated at your own purchase a few months down the line.

because people have been waiting for months already. No matter where you throw the dart...the graph is always climbing and the next best thing is ALWAYS coming out in just 2-3 months. Its not like it EVER platues.

^^^^^^^And that is the whole point of technology.

In terms of GPUs, it constantly moves forward, gets better, and evolves to deliver more and more power to the user (even if they have no use for it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom