Pc Problem - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
Okay, My brothers PC was getting dusty, so he blew it off with some air, outside. When he brought it back inside to boot it up, we couldn't get no picture, no power to the mouse, or keyboard. we have tried everything i could think of. Changing the PSU, changing cords, Outlets, and everything. I was messing around with it, and took off the CD drive cords, and Poof, it came on. We we're like ( ???? ) and he got online, was messing around with stuff. and it was working just fine....few Min's later, it went off again. Now we thought it was his cpu getting to hot, but he has a water cool system and it shows he is running at like 28*

So i was wondering, eh...let's try taking out his sound card, just to see what might happen.

When i took it out, and tried to turn the pc on. it wouldn't even turn on, at all. We tried resetting the BIOS by taking out the jumper, and such. but the front " Power " switch wont turn the pc on no more. I even tried a different case, nothing.

We're lost here, any ideas would be sooo helpful.

Thanks

Hmmm, i thought it was something like that. But why would it let it work one time? almost like somethings not " Broke " in the pc.

Is there any thing we could do?

Well, not rly. If it is ESD damage, then the problem could go away, or it could always be like this. However, Im sure not all parts are damged. To determine what part is causing the problem swap them out.

My bet is its Mobo, ram or Video card.

At least your learned your lession.
The only things you should ever use to dust/blow a computer is with compressed air, yes the Cans made specifically for PC's
Or an antistatic Vacum, Made specifically for this purpose.

hmmm. Well, let's say its his Mobo. It was a Emachine, so if we buy a new one. he will have to buy a new version of windows. and HDD, and mobo. Right? or is there a cheap way to fix this?

Not nessicarily. (Sp) You would have to replace the motherboard through Emachines if you want the least amount of problems. if its the EXACT same one, chances are you won't have to reinstall windows.
A repair at the most.

You never "need" to buy a new harddrive, either reformat and reinstall or run a repair. You might also have to get the XP through them.

Cheap? Not rly, but mistakes are never cheap. Unfortunatly.

OK, we tested the ram, and graphic card. Both are fine. I guess he wants to just buy a new Mobo / Cpu combo and use his old hdd, gc, ram, case, psu etc etc.

Any recommendations on a good Mobo / Cpu under $ 250.00 USD

tigerdirect.com

newegg.com

Thanks

-sighs- You need to determine the Model and exact Specifications of the Power supply and the exact dimensions of the Case.

You need to know if you need a new PSU and what size motherboard to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom