Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's scheduled to be released for public sale on January 30, 2007. So I doubt it. Unless some manufacturers swing something to make it available with pc's around christmas, I don't think you'll see it until January.

You wont see it till Jan. there is nothing any Manufacturers can do/ M$ wont ginve them copies to sell before Jan 15th so they can start preloadin Vista. Other than that you are stuck with XP till after the holiday season.

mikee said:
I don't get it , they have it done and just wait around until january. what gives?
They released it to the manufacturers. That way they can get all the drivers made and written for things like digital cameras, mice, video cards, etc.

mikee said:
I don't get it , they have it done and just wait around until january. what gives?
As OI said it is so the software, hardware and the system manufacturers can get everything ready for its release so we have drivers, software and widespread support instead of speratic support as we did thru the Beta cycle. ;)
I dont think you would want it to be out and not have a driver for your GFX card or not be able to run some software cause of incompatability.

OpticalIllusion said:
Microsot Co-President, Jim Allchin, claims Windows Vista won't need antivirus.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Allchin_Suggests_Vista_Wont_Need_Antivirus/1163104965

Hard to imagine using Windows without antivirus.
If the user keeps UAC on they shouldnt need it. I have yet to get spyware or a virus, with actively trying to mind you, on Vista with UAC on. Without it i have been able to.

Makaveli213 said:
As OI said it is so the software, hardware and the system manufacturers can get everything ready for its release so we have drivers, software and widespread support instead of speratic support as we did thru the Beta cycle. ;)
I dont think you would want it to be out and not have a driver for your GFX card or not be able to run some software cause of incompatability.

If the user keeps UAC on they shouldnt need it. I have yet to get spyware or a virus, with actively trying to mind you, on Vista with UAC on. Without it i have been able to.

but what I don't really get is apparently corporate businesses get vista at the beginning of december.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom