help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm... whats a destructive restore??? never heard of that term before. Also, im pretty confident that it was a blaster worm virus. Those can be found using the worm finding tool found on symentec.

right before it restarts or even a few times in between cntrl alt del and see whats loading up. or check the config to see what devices are loading up. try msconfig and check the startup and then check the (I think) sys.ini tab (should be RIGHT next to the startup, place a check mark in the position to hide microsoft and then lets see what you have left.

a destructive restore means you format first then you reinstall your o/s, and I already ran the blaster fix from symantec, it found nothing.

yes, I've already tried shutdown -a and I also tried shutdown -i, still nothing =T

I ran hijack and even shredder, still nothing. Well it's reformatted now and working, it doesn't matter now.

Vany my good man.....if i knew who you were, i woulda smacked the crap out of you. Even though you werent able to find out what problem you had, you KNEW when it started. So a system restore would of been the best and quickest way to fix ur comp. Doing your little destructive restoree probably took a long time...plus you probably lost a lot of data. IF YOU JUST LISTENED TO ME!!!!!!!!

are you here to help or flame? if you're here to flame, please don't reply to this thread anymore.

no, it just annoys the hell out of me when people dont consider SYSTEM RESTORE!!! this is one of the few things i love about XP. and i must spread the word through all the forums.

haha, I'm glad I annoyed you, that makes me feel better. I'm done with this thread. Thanks everybody that replied and tried to help!

the shutdown message is caused by the forced closing of a Windows service, you can usually bypass the forced shutdown and message by going to start, run, "services.msc"
- find the service that keeps closing and in "recovery" set it to either "take no action" or "restart the application" instead of "restart the machine"

I believe the MSBLASTER patch automatically sets svchost.exe to "take no action" when closed so when MSBLASTER does close svchost.exe it won't cause a restart like it typically would.
I also believe it also stops the MSBLASTER worm from getting into the system, as it downloads itself through...... I forgot which port, so it stops the worm getting in, and also stops it from affecting the system even if it did get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom