Sony Viao upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
Alrite my friend has one of these computers i already told him to just build a whole new computer instead of upgrading this sony thing but he insists on just buying a better vid card. Anyways what he is wondering what kind of slot is on his mobo i think it maybe agp but im not to sure. Also he has 512mb ram what ram should he upgrade to ddr or ddr2? By the way the computer is about 3 years old.

you cant really guess on these things. at least i dont think so. just open up the case and look at the slot. if its almost perfectly aligned with the regular pci slots then its a pci express. but if its shifted further back than the pci slots then its an agp.

YOu can find the manual guide to the Vaio he has on this website....there should be a section in the manual for the motherboard which will let you know what expansion slots, if any, the computer has...I just went through this process with my Vaio about 2 months ago. Good luck!

If its 3 years old it probably doesn't even have an agp slot. It is going to be onboard graphics, and it will not be ddr2 it will be ddr. Read the manual.

My Vaio is 4 going on 5 years old and had an AGP 2X/4X slot. So there's a good chance he'll have one if he bought one of the higher end Vaios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom