Left click problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle05

Solid State Member
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Ive got a wierd problem with my pc at the moment. Yesterday my pc would just constantly left click by its-self, it would be doing it so fast that if you moved the mouse over anything for a split second it would click it. So i tried taking the mouse out but it still tried left clicking stuff. So then i formatted thinking it could be a virus. When i got basic stuff on my pc, i put the resolution on 1024 x 768, and carried on as usual, everything was fine, but then it started doing it again. So i put the resolution on 800 x 600 and it doesnt do it at all, and ive been running it on this res for a while and its all ok. So im wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what i could do.

Thanks

Eagle

Left clicking because of resolution ive never heard of. turn your computer off unplug the mouse and boot up. are you half way decent with keyboard short cuts? move your way into the control panel and set your res back up to 1024 and see what happens. select icons on your desktop with the TAB and ARROW keys and see if any get selected with no mouse pluged in. And then we will take it from there.

ok, i started my pc up today in 1024 x 768 and it was all ok, mouse was plugged in. then after about an hour it started left clicking by its-self, so i did like you said and took the mouse out and rebooted, unfortunately the problem is still there when the mouse isnt plugged in.

the only thing left is that it has to be a key stuck on the keyboard that is causing this. so get a hold of a different keyboard and give that a go. its really the only thing besides the mouse that can cause this.

ok thanks, ill get my hands on a keyboard and try it. The thing whats confusing me is why its happening in 1024 x 768 and not in 800 x 600.

Eagle

it has to just be a coincidence, whats occuring needs to be physically done by a person or hardware. i would think some sort of virus would be causing it but you said youve done fresh installs.

King X13 said:
it has to just be a coincidence, whats occuring needs to be physically done by a person or hardware. i would think some sort of virus would be causing it but you said youve done fresh installs.
it only takes one trip to the internet to get a virus and we know he's been on the internet because he's posted here!!!

unfortunately i cant run 1152*864 or 1280*1024. Ill get spybot now, and ill try and ill try and find a different keyboard.

thanks

Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom