Want to overclock Ati 9600(non pro) but need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATH-INCARNATE

In Runtime
hey guys

i have an Ati radeon 9600(non pro, non xt), id like to get my card performing better so i can run games like oblivionIV at a nice comfortable fps. now im not asking for a magic here i know its got a limit. but heres the thing....

i got ATITOOL(anyone know or used this prog?) to overclock my card n all an the prog has got some safety built in, but my GFX has no temp sensor built in so i cant monitor the temps, i just want to know how safe is it gona be to overclock my card? and by how much Hz up would be a really safe overclock? i dont want it to fry!

the card core speed is currently at 403Mhz and the RAM is at 297Mhz.

Well I'm telling you this right now, your not going to see a huge jumps in fps. Just slide and test and I don't think your going to fry your card, if the screen goes black just restart the computer.

yupp i got a 9550se at 285/202 wiht just a heatsink im going ot push wayyyy futher prolly to the blowing point when i get a new fan heatsink.. if im not mistaken you can flash that card to a 9800... not pos.... but it should be able to hit 450-60 prolly 330 or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom